This week we kick-off our annual Fall trip to the west coast…and yes, of course our first stop will be at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. So what better way to start off this week’s photo of the day than with a photo of one of our favorite “Booth Babes”; Southern California’s beautiful Brooke Thompson!
Every Fall we make our way to Las Vegas, Nevada for the annual SEMA Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center and every Fall people ask us what it’s all about? A strangely popular question.
For starters, SEMA is short for the Specialty Equipment Market Association. The organization consists of more than 7,358 member companies that operate within the aftermarket automotive community. These are the folks that sell aftermarket product solutions for cars, trucks and motorcycles.
- 2012 Show Dates: October 30 – November 2, 2012
- Held each October or November
- Takes place at the Las Vegas Convention Center
- First Show took place in 1967 in Los Angeles, Calif.
- More than 125,000 attendees
- More than 2,000 exhibitors
- More than 1 million square feet of show space!
- Industry Only: No public admittance
Those performance brakes you put on your Z or the specialty rear spoiler and front fascia that you bought bought for your FR-S; chances are they were probably manufactured by aftermarket automotive companies. Possibly the same companies that attend the SEMA Show each year.