This week we’re going to be drawing on our time spent at the 2012 Z Nationals car show and track day for the photos of the day. First up, a heavily modified Z32 300ZX Twin-Turbo being tracked at the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Alabama.
- 2.38 miles long
- 45′ wide
- 17 turns, most of which are flowing
- 80′ of elevation change
- 4-tiered paved paddock
- 60 amp power available on mechanics wall
- Restroom and shower facilities
- Covered tech area
- Facility is approximately 1 mile off Interstate 20
- Birmingham International Airport is located approximately 15 minutes away
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum located on Park property
- Car – 1:09.455 – avg. speed – 119.213 mph – Will Power- March 2009
- Motorcycle – 1:23.664 – avg. speed – 115.474 mph – Mat Mladin – April 2008
- The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum began life in 1988 as a private collection of George W. Barber, owner of Barber Dairies. Mr. Barber, always an automobile enthusiast, raced, modified and maintained Porsches in the 1970’s (63 first place wins). He started collecting and restoring classic sports cars in 1989.
- The Barber Motorsports Park opened in the January of 2003. The first major public event to take place at the Park was the Grand-Am Sports Car Series, May 17-18, 2003.